The alpha and beta personality debate is ongoing, and can get a little confusing for those who aren’t in the know. According to some theories, every person in the world fits into one of those two categories when it comes to personality traits, or sits somewhere in between the two and takes a little from both. Have you ever wondered where you sit? We find that people often enjoy figuring out which category they might be, so we’ve put a quick guideline together, specifically for the ladies.
Alpha female traits:
- Often a leader in her field, or striving to be
- She knows how to get what she wants
- She is in charge and isn’t interested in taking direction from men
- She knows how to network and is emotionally and intellectually strong
- She is looking for a partner who won’t be intimidated by her drive and independence
Beta female traits:
- Often more diplomatic and intuitive than an alpha
- She is more emotive and potentially spiritual
- She is emotionally intelligent, warm and understanding
- She’s down to earth, and is great at networking
- She has close friends and enjoys entertaining
According to the theory, alpha women are often career-centric, and are looking for a partner who isn’t threatened or intimidated by her drive. She needs someone who can keep up with her and support her during stressful times, and how they can keep up with her intellectually. This is where a beta man comes in: he can provide emotional support, slow her down when she needs it, and isn’t threatened by any of her ambition.
The theory says that beta women are often looking for an alpha man to complement them as a partner: someone who can match them on an intellectual level. They enjoy having a partner who is driven on a career level, and are great at soothing stress and providing emotional support. They are looking for someone who is dependable, passionate, and supportive.
At the end of the day, the alpha and beta theory is a bit of fun, and in some circumstances it does apply – maybe you see yourself in them! But, most women and men are a combination of both, and have the ability to exhibit qualities from either column when needed. In most relationships, couples are searching for similar things: mutual support, honesty, and love, as well as passion and loyalty.
At PMM and Associates, we look at an individual’s entire lifestyle and personality to get a greater understanding on who might be right for them. We work with elite singles across Perth to find their ideal matches, and to ensure that their partner it the perfect person for them.